The Directors of the Youth Lacrosse System, L.L.C. have been developing lacrosse at all ages and skill levels for boys and girls in Wake County since 1998.
The Youth Lacrosse System, L.L.C. develops leadership skills & character through the fundamentals of lacrosse while also shaping brand new and experienced lacrosse players into some of the areas most elite talent.
WHY HAS YLS BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN ITS MISSION?
1. YLS selects coaches who are passionate about teaching the fundamentals, know about the history of lacrosse development in NC, believe that students are at the center of the learning process, and hold the people around them to a high standard of professionalism.
2. YLS hires classroom teachers with high level lacrosse experience who understand the necessity for proper structure, guidance, goal setting, and routinely foster positive relationships with kids. The YLS Directors themselves are public school classroom teachers of core subjects.
3. YLS trains and hires former standout WCPSS student-athletes who graduated from schools across the county who paved the way for all current youth athletes.
4. YLS Camp sessions are followed by well-coached YLS League opportunities to apply the information in competitive, structured settings.
5. Once a player has developed high level skills and a high IQ for situation lacrosse, they are ready to be a part of the YLS Thunderhawk Select teams and compete in the competitive tournament lacrosse circuit.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
YLS teaches every level lacrosse player in any grade. No experience is required to become involved with YLS, and anyone from any region is welcome to join. We will meet the needs of all level athletes. We have been actively building elementary, middle, and high school programs in NC since 1998 and provide a stable support group for each program that is developed.
Join YLS and become a part of a dedicated lacrosse community!